Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Not only did I foist another pumpkin recipe on you guys, but now I'm sharing another chocolate chip cookie recipe! I'm sure you all have your favourites, but I still wanted to show you this new favourite of mine. They're very soft and a bit chewy, and I need to make them again very very soon.

I'm going to the states tomorrow for the day and am very much looking forward to a visit to Trader Joe's!!

If this sounds good, you might also like:
Dark and Dangerous Triple Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Vanilla Muffins
Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies & Toblerone Cookies

Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Sunset, November 2003

Makes about 28 cookies

1 cup (1/2 lb) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.

2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Drop dough in 2-tablespoon (1/8-cup) portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.

4. Bake in a 400F oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6 to 8 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.

5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

15 comments:

Sherry G said...

I love thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies! Mine always seem to flatten out, but I love when they have some height on them.

Amy said...

I love a great chocolate chip cookie!

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

Have fun at Trader Joes! My all time favorite place to shop! Right now I am hopelessly addicted to their baked salt and vinegar potato chips!

Cakewhiz said...

I have been looking to try different chocolate chip cookies so i can't wait to try out this recipe and even the other ones you have added links for. Awesome picture btw :)

Anonymous said...

I never ever turn down another recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I'm always on the hunt for something new and better than my others. These look like they'll fit right in!

Motoare Electrice said...

I always loved chocolate chip cookies, but I never seemed to make them chewy enough for my taste. So, I’m going to try out your recipe and hope for the best.

Christina_Cookie Gifts said...

There's nothing like a traditional chocolate chip cookie. This makes me so hungry!

Hannah said...

The great thing about CCC's is that they never get old, and everyone loves them. I love how thick and chewy these look!

Joanne said...

I love that these are both thick AND chewy! The perfect cookie.

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Mmm I definitely like my choco chip cookies thick and chewy. There's already quite a list of ones I need to try but this will have to be added.

MollyCookie said...

There is nothing better than chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

LauraJayne said...

This is just what I needed to convince myself that it was time to stop homework-ing and do some cooking for the week! These look amazing!

Ricki said...

You can never have too many choc chip cookie recipes! This looks like a total winner.. . so delicious. Have fun at Trader Joe's--I am so envious! ;)

Katrina said...

Mmmm, cookies! I can never try to many ccc recipes.

Unknown said...

Those cookies look great, totally my kinda CCC's. Jealous of the trip to Trader Joe's!!