Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Epicure Selections

A few weeks ago someone from Epicure Selections contacted me and asked if I'd like to try out some of their products. I jumped at the chance! I've tried out some of their stuff before as my mom buys it so I was really happy to get the opportunity to try out some of their other products. Epicure Selections is a Canadian, family owned and women run company based in my favourite city Victoria, BC! They carry a wide variety of herb and dip mixes, spices, jellies, salts, baking stuff (chocolate, baking powder, dried fruit, etc), tea, cookware, etc. Definitely worth checking out!


In particular I love all the spice/herb blends they have. I love adding them to pasta and vegetables. And their dip mixes are way too addictive. I've actually been using the Cheese Chives & Bacon Dip Mix in pasta and scrambled eggs too though (they use fake bacon)! One thing I've yet to try is making a marinade with them for tofu - I bet that would be good. Or putting some Red Garlic Sansel on roasted vegetables mmm.

My favourite thing about the Epicure Selections products is that they can instantly make an otherwise okay meal into something much yummier. It's so awesome to have these products on hand for when I'm feeling tired on a weeknight and want something easy but tasty. And a lot of their mixes don't contain salt (though some do so if this is something you're concerned about I'm sure you could contact them and ask). They also kindly sent me their cookbook but there are lots of recipes on their website too that give you ideas for how to use their products.

The person who contacted me was so sweet to send me the things I wanted to try out plus added in some extras. And knowing that I'm a baker, she also generously offered to do a baking giveaway! Stay tuned for that.


On a somewhat unrelated note, the vanity in our bathroom has 6 lightbulbs and we had energy saving light bulbs in there previously. So they looked ugly plus only 1 of them was working. We didn't really notice or care but finally we went and bought 6 new lightbulbs (the energy saving kind but made to look like regular lightbulbs) and now our bathroom is SO incredibly bright. I thought I'd test this out by taking photos in there! Seemed to work better than doing it in the living room at night with one of those stand lights.

9 comments:

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Such a great review. I love Epicure Selections.

WWSuzi said...

I used their Canadian maple brine for my turkey yesterday and it was the best turkey we've had! And yep, they are a great Canadian company.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Those are pretty nice pictures for bathroom lighting - they must be great bulbs.

Do you know if Epicure Selections is available in the US?

Lu said...

I will be trying these ladies out. I think that Red Garlic Sansel sounds like the perfect addition to roasted potatoes or asparagus. You'll have to post your thoughts when you try something. Yummy. Now I'm super hungry.

eatme_delicious said...

Cookie Baker Lynn: Unfortunately no they're not available in the US. =(

kelly.dee said...

I love Epicure Selections! I somehow lost my guacamole seasoning when I moved and have been sad ever since.

Wendy said...

I love epicure spices too!!! We went through a jar of souvlaki seasoning so fast it made my head spin! So yummy :)

Homemade Heaven said...

What lovely packaging.

WWSuzi said...

I absolutely love Epicure. I made the Canadian maple brining kit for Thanksgiving and it was awesome.